TVOC Guidelines for dealing with an incident/accident.
Stay calm but act swiftly and observe the situation. Is there danger of further injuries?
- Listen to what the injured person is saying.
- Alert the first aider who should take appropriate action for minor injuries.
- In the event of an injury requiring specialist treatment, call the emergency services.
- Deal with the rest of the group and ensure that they are adequately supervised.
- Do not move someone with major injuries. Wait for the emergency medics.
- Contact the injured person’s parent/carer.
- Complete an incident/accident report form and send this immediately to British Orienteering. There is a British Orienteering incident/accident report form which is available to be downloaded from the British Orienteering website.